Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Bugs Bunny-fication of Vampires


True Blood has lousy vampire fangs
True Blood has some really beautiful women who are ostensibly vampires yet I've barely watched the show. Bugs Bunny fangs are an insidious trend I've seen spreading to many quarters of the visual media and it needs to stop now. Maybe they look good to some director with an eye for visual arts, but for those of us with a fang fetish they do nothing.


The primary vampire fangs are supposed to be on the canine teeth, not the lateral incisors. Those teeth are acceptable when a vampiress has the coveted quad-fang configuration, but not alone. Sometimes even the rare bicuspid fang looks good.


And don't even get me started on vampire women without fangs...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back. I'm looking forward to your next post!

At first I had pretty much the same reservations you have about the fangs. However, it's definately the best series I've seen in the vampire genre with well written dialog and loads of interesting storylines and characters.
And about the fangs, once you get used to them... they're not so bad (especially popping out, with a hungry/horny look on her face) once you get used to them. A litle more cool vampire transformation would be nice though...

Matt said...

There are vampire women without fangs?! That's no fun. :(

roostertree said...

Two thoughts.

The Bugs Bunnyfication (good line, BTW) of the canines actually look like my teeth - even with my set of baby teeth, I only had two incisors between the canines.

The other consideration is that vampires are supernatural beings. Watch Nosferatu - his puncturing teeth are the front incisors.

Personally, I like it when mythologies are played with & rules broken. Same ol' same ol' gets dull after awhile.